OUR SCHOOL AT BREAK TIME BY OLIVIA.
Kia Ora! My name is Olivia, I live in the South Island of New Zealand and go to Ashley School. Ashley School has around 170 children.
- I usually get to school at about 8:30am so I have 30 minutes to get ready for school before the bell rings.
- The first break is morning tea from 10:40am to 11:05am then we have lunch from 12:40pm to 1:30pm.
- I make my lunch when I wake up in the morning and I used to make my sisters lunch but she’s old enough to make her own now.
- We usually have some vegetables, crackers, a piece of fruit, something like a seaweed packet, sometimes when we have like cupcakes, cookies or cake in the house we get a bit of that and for the main lunch part we usually have a toastie or sandwich and occasionally we have pasta, sushi and things like that.
- During term 1 and term 4 we have to wear sun hats because it’s summer.
- If it’s raining we stay inside and play card games, board games, reading, colouring in and things like that.
- During break times I hangout with my friends and sometimes we play a game like ‘Go home, Stay home’.
- How to play ‘Go home, Stay home’.
The aim of the game is to hide somewhere so the taggers don’t see you and make sure to get home before they do.
You need at least 5 people to play Go home, Stay home.
Decide who’s going to be in (1 or 2 people).
Set a place that’s going to be your home.
Then the taggers have to count for 1 minute while the hiders hide.
Try to get to home before the taggers see you and when you’re there you say ‘Go home, Stay home, 123’ then you’re safe.
The last person who hasn’t got home is automatically in.
I’d love to hear what you do at your school during break times and what type of games you play!